Sunday, April 27, 2008

Madonna 'I'm happy with who I am'

Madonna has revealed that she would not prefer to be out of the limelight.


The Queen of Pop said she is happy with her achievements and would never want to be anyone else.


Asked if she ever craves anonymity, she told The Today Show: 'Yeah I have moments of it. But I don't want to wish that I'm not me. I don’t wish I was someone else.'


Madonna appeared on the programme to discuss her Malawi documentary I Am Because We Are, which premiered at New York's Tribeca Film Festival on Thursday.


Responding to the negative publicity surrounding her adoption of Malawian baby David Banda, she said: 'I appreciate and understand how people could be cynical. That's fine. I accept that because I think we live in a society where people are naturally suspicious of acts of altruism or generosity.'


She also denied that her involvement with orphans was simply another attempt to reinvent herself, saying: 'My reinventions are part of my evolution and my growth as a person. There are aspects of it that are frivolous and aspects of it that are real.'


She added that she hoped her soul had 'reached its full potential and that I did everything that I was put on this earth to do'.


From Digital Spy

No comments: