Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bottom's Up!

Madonna - who also drank champagne straight from the bottle during her New York show, has revealed she and Justin Timberlake drank tequila and vodka after her performance. The '4 Minutes' singer - who stunned crowds at the free Manhattan concert when she welcomed Justin on stage - revealed she was feeling slightly hung-over after partying on April 30. She said: "We had to celebrate. We decided we both work too hard and have to have fun. I had a shot of tequila. I may have had a lemon drop, too! We 'tied one on', as they say."

The 49-year-old singer and her 27-year-old collaborator went to New York's exclusive nightclub The Box where they danced and drank with friends including Josh Duhamel, fashion designer Alexander McQueen and R.E.M frontman Michael Stipe. Madonna also said despite leaving her "brat" side behind her, she still likes displaying her "cheeky side" in her music.

She told US TV show 'Entertainment Tonight': "I think I'm many things. I think I'm a lady, I think I'm a brat, I think I'm a nerd, I think I'm a pimp, I think I'm a mother, I think I'm a kid. I can't be a brat forever! But that was fun, it was fun being a brat. I've still got my cheeky side."

She has also hailed her fellow singer Justin Timberlake as the future of music, insisting his ambitious ways will ensure his music will top charts for years to come. The hitmaker impressed the queen of pop after collaborating on her latest smash hit 4 Minutes, helping the star produce her 11th number one album Hard Candy. And the Material Girl singer admits she was drawn to work with the pop hunk because he understands the crazy ways of the music industry better than anyone else. She says, "He's ambitious but not in an offensive way. He's incredibly responsible and he's good at what he does. I think he has a long future in front of him. He understands the insanity of being a pop star."

No comments: