Sunday, May 4, 2008

Madonna Defends Her "Copy Cat"

Teen idol Miley Ray Cyrus, (who also recently did a parody video of Madonna's 4 Minutes) aka Disney’s Hannah Montana is getting support from major stars after her photo controversy. Since the release of her artsy but yet some what racy pictures for Vanity Fair by famous photographer Annie Leibovitz, which portraits her rather as a vixen barely covered with a sheet and bare back, celebreties like Madonna, Britney Spears and TV host Rosie O’Donnell hurry to defend the 15 year old Nashville native singer and actress.
"My daughter
Lourdes is a fan, and I don’t think she really cares about the photo”, said Madonna. “It’s not a big deal. What is a big deal? Let’s talk about something that’s a big deal.”

Britney Spears offered to help and Rosie O‘Donnell makes it even more clear. — "Leave Miley Cyrus alone“.

But facts are telling differently. A nationwide poll from Inside Edition and People Magazine find that 70% find her pose inappropiate. Even Ariana Huffington got involved, asking if her action was tasteful or too much. "I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie,“ said Miley. “I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be artistic and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed. I never intended for any of this to happen,“ she adds.

Asked in a recent interview how she is coping with problem situations, Miley said that she is not afraid of challenges. "I find solutions to problems“, she said. Strong words for a teen girl that has to grow up fast withstanding pressure by her parents and the entertainment industry. "My parents are best ones in whole wide world. They protect me and only want the best for me. It doesn’t matter in how much trouble I get,“ she said.

And what does Annie Leibovitz has to say? “I’m sorry that my portrait of Miley has been misinterpreted. Miley and I looked at fashion photographs together and we discussed the picture in that context before we shot it. The photograph is a simple, classic portrait, shot with very little makeup, and I think it is very beautiful.”

A misjudgment from both sides that may threaten at least family-oriented Disney’s sought after image of a beautiful, innocent rising star.

No comments: