Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Madonna Embarrassed by Being "Fully" Clothed?

Madonna said in a statement released recently that she was "embarrassed" by the recent publication of photos showing her fully clothed.

"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic,' and now, seeing the photos and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," the 49-year-old pop star said in a prepared statement. "I apologize to my fans, who expected more from me and less from my wardrobe."
The photos, published in the latest issue of Vanity Fair magazine (really?), show Madonna clothed from head to toe, not an inch of cleavage visible. Not even an ankle.
"I'm completely disillusioned,"
said famous blonde woman Paris Hilton. "I'm not even sure what that means, but I heard someone say it once. Something about being annoyed with somebody, I think? Anyway, like, I totally idolized Madonna when I was a girl and, like, based my whole career on her, you know? I mean, except for the part about singing catchy pop tunes and putting on sharply choreographed live shows that millions would pay to see. Pretty much just the tramp part, basically. I mean, look at me. I'm totally naked right now! And now you tell me, like, Madonna posed with all her clothes on? What if this catches on? How am I going to get everyone to pay attention to me if I have to cover my body with colored fabrics like all the other girls do?"

Though Vanity Fair readers are not Madonna's normal target audience of teen girls, the photos were widely distributed through the Internet, allowing her fans to see a side that the singer does not normally reveal.

*I find this story rather contradicting. Madonna was posing in Vanity Fair wearing boots, bustier and panties, so basically only undergarments! I think the writer has been mistaken. He might have referred to one of the Elle photoshoots (as she has graced the cover of few) where she is indeed wearing pants and and hats and dresses and the pics aren't really that sexy, they are more like catalogue images - and not in line with her current image at all. If the writer indeed means Vanity Fair photos, then this story is, you know, crock of shit?

No comments: