Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mr.Bitch Gives Fashion Judgement

I put this bluntly: Madonna should change her dressers. I don't care who they are, but for the most part they should be fired. While the sum of all parts may have looked even great (in the recent New York concert) when seperated it just did not work. The opening number was highlighted by the Dolce & Gabbana jacket with pink lacing and the look was fine, but once the jacket was removed, the look changed - drastically and for the worse. The baggy, regular looking gym pants, with attached glitter stripes (made of waaaaay too hard material) didn't exactly look like a million bucks - they looked rather sad, poorly made and bulky in all the wrong places.
While Madonna may have strutted around proudly in lace 25 years ago, the kind of shirt she was wearing reminds me (sadly so) of all the unfit 50-something women who try to cover up the looseness of their arms in what else than: lacy garments. Madonna surely does not have loose arms. Neither does she have any need to cover her perfectly fit body. The combination of lace and gym pants certainly didn't make her look hip nor youthful. It was like a mix of "what granny's got in the closet" put together with "what are the grandchildren wearing".
My eyesight was saved - luckily - after she took the damn shirt off. It surely is no time for 'M granny' clothing line - and especially not if one is seriously trying to hit younger/wider audience. She could have pulled this off a better and looked more youthful - all she would have had to do, was to call me!

Just for the record - even if this judgement reminds you of the infamous Mr.Blackwell's worst dressers list, it is not based on common knowledge on my part. My true profession is fashion and therefore I do know what I'm talking about and this judgement is not reversible. But, saying that, fashion is also a matter of personal taste. So in that respect, my opinion falls in line with the rest of you.

No comments: